Ways to Warm Up Rooms.
It’s the dead of Winter here in Washington, DC, and recent bone-chilling temperatures have keep many of us bundled up in our own homes. If you want to bring some warmth into your nest, choose a few of these tips for warming up your rooms:
- Put velvet accent pillows on your chairs and sofas
- Drop in a fluffy bath mat.
- Light scented candles in your entry hall.
- Burn real logs in your fireplace.
- Spray your dressing room with a spicy scent.
- Throw a rich camel blanket over your sofa.
- Lower your dining room chandelier a few inches.
- Pull a reading light up to a chair.
- Reupholster a piece of furniture in a leopard or zebra print.
- Install a few wall sconces in the hallways.
- Banish any fluorescents from your kitchen.
- Repaint your front door a chinese red.
- Cover up a carpet with a few colorful flat pile area rugs.
- Cover your walls with textured wallpaper.
- Install dimmers everywhere.
- Place a huge bowl with pinecones on your coffee table.
- Serve red wine.