Lutron has come out with an iPad application that can wirelessly control the lighting, shades and drapery, thermostats, and even appliances in your home. If you are remodeling or building new construction, consider the Lutron’s RadioRA 2 Total Light Control System which is a prerequisite for connectivity. This system is very ideal for those who want to conserve energy and save money no matter where they are.
The entire system can be controlled with your own iPad and Lutron’s iPad application (coming soon). Besides increasing efficiencies in your system with “green” modes that turn off unneeded appliances and reduces light levels, it can be controlled from your iPad when away from home. Planning a new home or renovation? Call me to find out how to save energy and money in your home.
Welcome to the professional blog of Megan Blake Design. In early 2009, I started a design blog, DC DesignCoop as a creative outlet and information sharing portal for designers, home owners, and anyone looking for interesting and valuable content. It’s been a huge success and it continues to garner new readers daily. Here at MBD, this blog will serve as a news, tips, and project portal for the general consumer, clients, homeowners, and fellow designers. Enjoy and make sure to visit DC Design Coop for amazing design content.
- start a reference file of inspiring pieces for the room you want to decorate.
- use jazzy fabrics on pillows and ottomans that can be easily changed out according to season.
- avoid using floral fabrics on sofas—unless you know you’ll never tire of it. Try and keep to solids and small geometrics.
- consider the lighting effects in the room. Will there be an influence of natural light? Will you need ceiling lighting or will lamplight be enough?
- keep your vision clear—you can be easily seduced in other directions.
- beware of scale and proportion and how all the elements come into play.
- be afraid to use a strong color on the walls. Paint is the least expensive way to totally change a room’s appearance.
- use a rug that’s too small—the furniture will appear to hang off of it, making the room appear smaller.
- forget to break some rules and most importantly to have fun with it!